Sad. This poor Ford Mach E realized it was never gonna grow up to be a real Mustang. And it tried to kill itself by running through its owner’s garage. Let’s just hope it was driver error. Like possibly – the driver got his Neverfull LV purse wedged in the floorboard & it pinned the ‘gas’ pedal down. And let’s seriously hope it’s NOT another contactor issue. Ford had to recall the Mustang Mach Es earlier this year for a contactor issue, with no apparent/public solution as of yet. Some owners are escalating it to lawsuits. Ford stopped 2022 Mach E sales altogether. Although nobody is talking about that… because EV is the future & you better not question it.
The recall stems from the fact that – contactors in these heavily Chinese-powered Ford Mach Es can fuse themselves together under heat cycles. For example, when fast-charging and/or when under repeated heavy throttle inputs. Ford said it can cause the Mach E to have a sudden total loss of power. But in one article earlier this summer, there was some vagueness that kind of skirted around the possible/potential issue of sudden wide-open acceleration. And then I never saw anything else about it.
But what if the fusing-together of contactors can also cause the Mach E to go wide open? (Think of it like a light switch.) We could assume, since it went through the garage, that this Mach E could have been pulled off a charger just before the incident. And if wide-open scenarios are a possibility, Mach E Mustangs could be even more dangerous to crowds than the ground-pounding V8 GTs. Which might actually give them a little street cred. Just kidding.